Tetraethylene Glycol (TTEG) regular grade
Cas Nummer: 112-60-7
Formel: C8 H18 O5
Tetraethylenglykol regular grade
Tetraethylene Glycol (TTEG) Product Information
Tetraethylene glycol (TTEG) is a transparent, colorless, practically odorless, low-volatility, moderate-viscosity, hygroscopic liquid. Tetraethylene glycol (TTEG) is completely miscible with water and many organic liquids. Tetraethylene glycol (TTEG) has properties similar to diethylene and triethylene glycols and may be used preferentially in applications requiring a higher boiling point, higher molecular weight, or lower hygroscopicity.
The hydroxyl groups on tetraethylene glycol (TTEG) undergo the usual alcohol chemistry, giving a wide variety of possible derivatives. Hydroxyls can be converted to aldehydes, alkyl halides, amines, azides, carboxylic acids, ethers, mercaptans, nitrate esters, nitriles, nitrite esters, organic esters, peroxides, phosphate esters, and sulfate esters.
Tetraethylene glycol (TTEG) may be used directly as a plasticizer or modified by esterification. The solubility properties of tetraethylene glycol (TTEG) are important for many applications. The end uses for tetraethylene glycol (TTEG) are numerous. See the following table.
Applications of Tetraethylene Glycol (TTEG)
- Dehydration of natural gas
- Moisturizing and plasticizing cork, adhesives
- Safety glass
- Separation membranes (silicone rubber, polyvinyl acetate, cellulose triacetate)
- Ceramic materials (resistant refractory plastics, molded ceramics)
- Separation of aromatic hydrocarbons from non-aromatic hydrocarbons (BTX extraction with tetraethylene glycol)
- Gas Dehydration
- Resin impregnants and other additives
- Steam-set printing inks
- Aromatic and paraffinic hydrocarbons separations
- Cleaning compounds
- Polyethylene terephthalate production equipment cleaning
- Cyanoacrylate and polyacrylonitrile
- Unsaturated Polyester resin
- Various resins of the alkyd type used as laminating agents in adhesives
- Esterificatiion products used in plasticizer intermediates for nitrocellulose lacquers and vinyl resins
- Polyester polyols for polyurethanes
- Thermoplastic polyurethanes
- Silicone compounds
Kindly check your proposed application with us to clarify if DOW will support your intended usage of tetraethylene glycol (TTEG).
Testing, Release and Repackaging of Tetraethylene Glycol (TTEG)
Repackaging of tetraethylene glycol (TTEG) at Hedinger into 1000 kg IBCs or 230 kg drums.
For further information, please contact TTEGhedingerde
We would also welcome your telephone call
Aug. Hedinger GmbH & Co. KG - Headquarters in Stuttgart, Germany
phone: +49 - (0)711 - 40 20 50